Lieutenant Andres F. Florencio
Joined the Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office in 1997.
Originally from Brooklyn, N.Y.
Lieutenant Andres F. Florencio serves as the supervisor in charge of the Southern Investigations Section at the Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office. In this role, he is responsible for planning, coordinating, supervising and the administration of the daily activities of assigned personnel. He provides managerial guidance and oversight for both criminal investigators and victim’s advocates. As a Spanish translator, Lieutenant Florencio assists patrol deputies, criminal investigators, drug investigators and federal agents during various types of calls for service and investigations.
Lieutenant Florencio began his career with the Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office in October 1997. He graduated with honors from the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy and was assigned to the Southern Enforcement Division as a uniform patrol deputy. In December 1999, he was assigned to the Criminal Investigations Section as an investigator.
In July 2004, Lieutenant Florencio was transferred to the Multi-Agency Drug Task Force as a drug investigator, where he served for almost 10 years. While at the task force, he was promoted to supervisor. In that capacity, Lieutenant Florencio supervised drug investigators assigned to the task force from multiple law enforcement agencies: the Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office, the Beaufort Police Department, the Bluffton Police Department, the Jasper County Sheriff’s Office, the Hardeeville Police Department and the Ridgeland Police Department.
In March 2014 he transferred back to the Southern Enforcement Division as the Master Sergeant over the Southern Investigation Section, where he was responsible for directing and supervising the daily operations of the Southern Investigations Section. On April 3, 2018, Lieutenant Florencio was promoted to his current rank and position.
- United States Marine Corps
- Command Leadership Institute for Law Enforcement Executives
- Supervisor Leadership Institute for Law Enforcement Executives
- LECC Narcotics Commanders School
South Carolina Law Enforcement Officers Association and South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy
- Transition to Leadership/Bridging Generational Gaps
National Institute of Justice
West Virginia University
- Leadership in the Workplace
South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy/Certified Law Enforcement Executive
Orangeburg Technical College
- FBI-LEEDA (Law Enforcement Executive Development Association)
- South Carolina Law Enforcement Officers Association
- Boys & Girls Club of Hilton Head Island
Board of Directors
- Ancient Free Masons of South Carolina, Hardeeville Lodge 348
- Shriners International, ALEE Shriners of Savannah, Ga.
- Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, S.J., USA, Valley of Savannah, Orient of Georgia