Lieutenant Angela Crumpton
Joined the Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office in 2009.
Originally from Toledo, Ohio
Lieutenant Angela Crumpton is assigned as the assistant supervisor of the Evidence and Property Section. In this role, she assists in overseeing the receipt, identification, categorization and storage of all property collected and submitted by Sheriff’s Office personnel.
In addition, Lieutenant Crumpton assists in supervising staff assigned to the section and ensures compliance with standards required by the Evidence Preservation Act and CALEA Accreditation. In her collateral duties, she serves as supervisor of the Sheriff’s Office Crime Scene Unit and, in the event of a hurricane, as coordinator of the Southern Beaufort County staging area at the Bluffton Campus of the University of South Carolina Beaufort.
In 1998, Lieutenant Crumpton began her career in law enforcement in Clovis, New Mexico. In 2000, after accepting employment with the Sumter Police Department, she moved to South Carolina.
During her career, Lieutenant Crumpton has served in numerous law enforcement disciplines, to include patrol operations; community oriented policing on bicycle and mounted patrols; field training officer; firearms instructor; narcotics and vice investigations; South Carolina COBRA Team; criminal investigations; sex offender registry and victim advocate; the South Carolina Attorney General’s Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC); US Marshal’s Fugitive Taskforce; and as a crime scene investigator.
- Lieutenant Crumpton is currently enrolled at Penn Foster College in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in veterinary nursing.
- FBI Supervisor Leadership Institute and Command Leadership Institute
- South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy’s Basic Instructor and Firearms Instructor Courses
- Six-week Airman Leadership School at Shaw Air Force Base
- Various classes on criminal, illegal drug, computer and internet investigations
- Low Country Community Church
Youth group leader and small group leader for adults