Colonel Allen Horton
Joined the Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office in 1989.
Originally from South Carolina.
Colonel Allen Horton serves as Commander of the Enforcement Division at the Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office. The Enforcement Commander oversees the activities of all personnel assigned to the division.
Colonel Horton is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Enforcement Division. The Enforcement Division consists of the Northern and Southern Enforcement branches and the Special Operations Section, which includes multiple shifts, units and teams totaling more than 150 deputies.
Colonel Horton started with the Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office in 1989 and worked in uniform patrol, as well as criminal and narcotics investigations. In 1999, he was promoted to Lieutenant with Northern Enforcement and over the past 21 years has served as a Command Officer within the Enforcement Division.
- United States Coast Guard
- Law Enforcement Coordinating Committee Narcotics Commanders School
- FBI National Academy
- Member of the Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office SWAT Team
- K-9 Handler
- Member of the Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office Robot Team
- Graduated with honors from the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy
- FBI National Academy Associates