H.R. 218 Program
The Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004 amended the federal criminal code to authorize qualified law enforcement officers and qualified retired or separated law enforcement officers to carry a concealed firearm in any jurisdiction in the United States, regardless of state or local laws.
The Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office holds H.R. 218 qualifications several times a year at our firearms training range. This program is open to residents of Beaufort County only.
2024 HR-218 Qualifications Schedule
- March 13, 2024 (36 slots available)
- June 12, 2024 (36 slots available)
- September 18, 2024 (36 slots available)
- December 18, 2024 (36 slots available)
Frequently Asked Questions
Each session is limited to 24 attendees.
- A photocopy of your Driver’s License
- A photocopy of your retirement credentials
- Your firearm with a holster
- Two magazines
- 25 rounds of ammunition
After the Sheriff’s Office clears you through NCIC, you will receive a letter from our office as proof of your H.R. 218 qualification.