Lieutenant Brian Chapman
Joined the Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office in 2002.
Originally from South Carolina.
Lieutenant Brian Chapman serves with the Northern Investigations Section of the Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office, which includes Investigations, the Sex Offender Registry, Victim’s Advocates, as well as the Sheriff’s Office’s Crime Scene Unit. Lieutenant Chapman also is an investigator with our Office of Professional Responsibility and works in the Emergency Management Division’s Emergency Operations Center during county-wide emergencies.
Lieutenant Chapman served as a patrol officer upon graduation from the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy. He was later transferred to the Investigations Section where he received promotions of Sergeant, Staff Sergeant and Master Sergeant. In 2016, Lieutenant Chapman was promoted to his current rank and transferred to the Crime Suppression Unit (Narcotics). In 2018, Lieutenant Chapman was assigned to the Northern Investigations Section.
- University of South Carolina
Bachelors of Arts
- Forensic Sciences Internship
South Carolina Law Enforcement Division
- FBI Carolina Command College
- 77th DEA Drug Unit Commanders Academy (DUCA)
- South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy
- Specific Skill Instructor
- 2006 Jessie Altman Award for Law Enforcement Excellence
- FBI Law Enforcement Executive Development Association
- South Carolina Law Enforcement Officers Association
- Child Abuse Prevention Association