Captain Kyle Blackmon
Joined the Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office in 2004.
Originally from Ridgeland, S.C.
Captain Kyle Blackmon serves in the Special Operations Unit of the Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office. He oversees the Sheriff’s Office’s Violent Crimes Task Force, Bloodhound Tracking Team and SWAT Team.
Captain Blackmon began his law enforcement career with the South Carolina Highway Patrol in 2000. He transferred to the South Carolina State Transport Police in 2002. Since joining the Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office in March 2004, he has served in a variety of roles, including Patrol Deputy, Shift Supervisor, motorcycle patrol officer, Traffic Team, Bomb Technician, Tracking Team Member and member of the SWAT Team.
- Attended the University of South Carolina and Midlands Technical College while employed with the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division as a Charge of Quarters before leaving to join the South Carolina Highway Patrol.
- FBI Hazardous Device School
- South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy Firearms Instructor
- Active-Shooter Instructor
- Hazardous Materials Technician
- Public Safety Diver
- National Tactical Officers Association
- Beaufort County Opioid Consortium