The Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office Emergency Management Division continues to monitor Tropical Storm Elsa for potential impacts to our area.
A Tropical Storm Warning remains in effect for Beaufort County through Thursday.
As of 2 p.m. Wednesday, July 7, 2021, the National Hurricane Center is projecting that Tropical Storm Elsa could reach Beaufort County by early this evening as it moves northward.
The Sheriff’s Office Emergency Management Division advises Beaufort County residents and guests to stay indoors, off the roads and out of the water as weather conditions deteriorate,
Potential Impacts to Beaufort County
This evening and into tomorrow morning, Tropical Storm Elsa may bring:
- 2-4 inches of rain
- winds between 30 and 40 mph with gusts up to 50 mph
- downed tree limbs and powerlines
- damage to unsecured lightweight objects outdoors
- flooding in low-lying areas
- potential for up to 2 feet of storm surge
- potential for tornados
- high risk for rip currents
The Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office appreciates your partnership in the safety of our community.