Hurricane evacuations and other severe weather events can be unsettling. That’s why it important to go straight to the source for severe weather updates.
The Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office has a dedicated staff whose sole responsibility is to provide real-time updates regarding traffic, weather conditions, access to bridges, evacuation routes and more on the following communication channels:
- Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office Storm Center
- A text and email subscriber service called Nixle
In the event of a public safety emergency or natural disaster, please look to federal, state, county and municipal government officials. Please avoid sharing information on social media if it does not come from a credible, trusted source.
Local radio stations
During an emergency, the following local radio stations will broadcast information for the Sheriff’s Office:
- WOEZ 93.7 FM (Adult Contemporary)
- WVSC 99.1 FM / 106.5 FM (Oldies)
- WVSC 103.1 FM (Adult Contemporary)
- WLHH 104.9 FM (Classic Hits)
The National Hurricane Center
Beaufort County residents and guests are encouraged to monitor the National Hurricane Center.